Social Media – Yellow Jacket! 9/13

Wassup Insectagram! I am Jack Vespula the yellow jacket! My close friends call me Jack the Stinger, because I’ve stung more humans than any other jacket I know. I live in North America, in the best nest with the best jackets. We’re about eight thousand strong. I am a worker, which means I do whatever needs to be done to keep the nest going. I feed the babies, I hunt for food, I go out and make sure that there aren’t any dangers nearby, and I do whatever needs doing. Drones don’t do as much. Their main purpose is to make sure that we all don’t die out, so they reproduce with the Queen. The Queen is our leader, and she lays all of the eggs. Whenever I go out to hunt for food, I look for sugary things like nectar, fruit, and sometimes this weird sweet sugary stuff that humans love to drink. Whenever I see a human with sweet stuff, I take as much sweet stuff as I possibly can, and if they try and swat me away, I sting them! They label me as one of the most aggressive insects for a reason! Watch out, humans!!

Today was actually the worst day of my entire life. When I was flying around the nest, I saw this stupid human walking right towards us! I told my fellow workers to attack it, so we swarmed it! But then! When we were stinging it, this stupid human kept going straight for our nest! That’s when we realized it was wearing a weird white thing to protect it! I have never been more enraged!! It got to our nest and started spraying it with this stuff that killed most of my swarm! The one thing that didn’t go horribly wrong was that the Queen had successfully made it out through the back exit. Now that we knew for sure that the Queen would survive, we kept on swarming this dumb human while it was distracted with trying to knock down our nest. Thankfully, it was too high for any of his tools to reach. I knew that I couldn’t sting it through that weird white thing, so I looked all around for at least one teeny tiny tear. A few seconds later, I found one! I quickly crawled through it and I stung that idiot 100,000,000,000,000 times!!!! After it had run away screaming, I called off the workers and we met up with the Queen. Then we started planning on where we should build our bigger and better brand new nest.